Do you love to sing?
Are you looking to join a choir or chorus? We are looking for ladies with a passion for singing to join our ranks! You don't need to be an experienced performer or be able to read music to join us (although you are most welcome if you do!).
- love to sing and are able to sing in tune with no vibrato (wobble)
- are looking for a new and sociable hobby
- have an enthusiastic approach to song learning and performing
- can commit to weekly and occasional weekend rehearsals (and a bit of homework in between!)
We would love to hear from you!
What we can offer in return:
- Teach tracks and sheet music to help you learn our repertoire (it's not a problem if you can't read music)
- Support to help you do this from your Section Leader, MD and chorus members
- The opportunity to improve your vocal technique, musicianship and performance skills through regular rehearsals and from visiting coaches
- The uplifting experience of singing in harmony!
The beauty of singing in four-part harmony is that we can accommodate singers of all voice ranges, from very low to very high. Even if you think you have a limited range, you might be just what we are looking for!
to find out about the different voice parts
Give it a try!
to come along to one of our weekly chorus rehearsals where you can take part in as much or as little as you want. We know how daunting it can be to walk into a room of strangers, but rest assured you will always receive a warm welcome from us.
At the end of the evening, if you like what you see, our Musical Director, Debi, will do a short informal voice test with you in private just to check that you can hold a tune and also to agree on which part you would be most suited to. Then you'll find out the process that all our newbies go through to become a fully fledged member - and don't worry because we will be there every step of the way with you!
As a member of Capital Connection, you will be joining a fun, friendly and supportive group of ladies, who have a shared goal to sing, entertain and above all, enjoy themselves.